The Bible is the most interesting book ever written. Filled with great knowledge, a collection of sacred texts and scriptures, considered to be a product of divine inspiration. The Bible has been translated in over 3’300 different languages, and it is considered to be the best-selling book of all time. With over 100 thousand copies sold worldwide each and every year.
I have a few facts about the Bible. Some of which none of us knew.
1. The oldest scriptures in the Bible is 3’000 years old.
2. 24’000 messages in the Bible that stood the test of time, and still continue to do so.
3. The Bible is the book that is translated into the most languages, even more than Facebook.
4. The Bible was the first major book ever printed, it opened the door to global literacy. Since over 6 billion Bibles has been printed worldwide. Yet, the world needs more Bibles, the world needs to read and practice the Bible teachings more.
5. The Bible was written by about 40 people, and it took a period of about 1600 years to write. Yet, the Bible does not contradict itself. A collection of works from a wide variety of authors, such as shepherds, kings, farmers, priests, poets, scribes, and fisherman. Authors also include traitors, embezzlers, adulterers, murders, and auditors.
6. There is a rare Bible called the “Sinners Bible” which has a misprint imploring people to commit adultery.
7. The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35, which states, “Jesus wept.
8. The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
9. The shortest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117, with just 2 verses.
10. The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119.
11. The smallest Bible in the world is called a Nano Bible. It fits on the tip of a pen, is a gold-plated silicon chip on which the entire Hebrew Bible is engraved.
12. The world’s largest Bible weighs over half a ton and was printed one letter at a time.
13. The Bible has inspired more song lyrics than any other book.
14. The Bible is the most commonly stolen book in the world, most likely because it is so easily available in overnight places and hotels and places of worship.
15. The King James Bible (1611) is said to be unrivaled in its accuracy and literary beauty. In addition to 54 scholars, Shakespeare mostly likely helped with the translation of the Bible.
16. There is no mention of how many wise men there were with the birth of Christ, only that they brought three types of gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
17. This is the book with the most sales worldwide in history with over 5 billion copies sold. The most successful book in the world.
18. Jesus was not an only child, he had brothers and sisters.
19. The most expensive book in the world is based on the Bible, it’s a translation of the book Psalms. It is called “The Bay Psalm Book”. It was the first book printed in British North America. The book is a metrical Psalter. One of eleven known surviving copies of the first edition sold at auction in November 2013 for $14.2 million, a record for a printed book.
20. The Bible is a physical book, which you can experience with all five senses. Although the Bible is a physical book, it was written spiritually, and it is meant to be read, understood and lived spiritually. See my explanation the visible and the invisible aspects of the Gospel of Christ. By visible, I mean physical, and by invisible I mean spiritual.
When you read the Bible, and you try to understand it all physical, then many things don’t make sense and there are many contradictions. When your spiritual understanding of the Bible is awakened, then everything makes perfect sense. God tells us in John 4:24 “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” To me this one verse changes my whole belief. It is clear, God is spirit, therefore we must worship Him in spirit, and would that not mean that we have to read his messages to us, which is the Bible, spiritually then?
When you open your spiritual eye, and you live a spiritual life then you are truly free.